Sunday

drapes

I absolutely one hundred percent - hate buying clothes. I dislike shopping of most any kind - but the clothing one? Really is not for me.
If and I do mean if, I am able to get myself into a clothing store, I do try to make an effort and spend up to 20 minutes looking, max.
Not trying on mind you - just looking.
After about 20 minutes I can feel my body yank me out of the store. This yank is a bit rougher if there are more than just a couple of people in the store.
Than I start feeling crowded.

Heh, you say, a couple of people??
Yeah, I tend to shop at either consignment or Salvation Army/Goodwill stores for clothing and around here if I drive by and see only a couple of cars out front and I need to get something other than the usual clothes I wear that belong to my kids - I'll stop.
This doesn't happen to often as I really, really hate shopping.
No biggie though, even if the guys clothes are a bit big, it's nothing a belt and flip up of the cuff won't take care of.

I am blessed in that I have quite a few clothes given to me and if it fits and is half way decent looking, I'll wear it. That word "fits" translates into "loose and big", not binding.
I guess wearing the guys clothes for so long has spoiled me in the comfort arena.

Now - shoes are easy. If I need to buy a pair of shoes, I can tolerate slightly more time looking and trying on, because I know what shoes I like and I buy the same brand every single time.
Born, Birkenstock and Eco make darn good shoes.
I still have my first pair of Birkenstock sandals bought during the 70's and if I carried them in for a new sole job, they would be just dandy to wear. I leave them in their box though and have only had to buy one new pair of Birk's since.

So - once again, because I hate shopping, I'm not doing any Xmas shopping for this year. Just like last year and the year before that and...
Really though, if I wasn't on such a strict budget wanting to obtain my goal of being debt free by the end of next year, I would go nuts and get the claw foot tub and Victorian chain pull toilet I've been craving forever and a day.
But I won't.

This year for Christmas Eve, I want to do an Olde' English dinner with a Roast Beef w/au jus, Yorkshire Pudding and my Mom's Cheesecake Recipe.
Everything else is up for grabs.
Just as long as I make those three dishes I will consider dinner complete. And just as long as we are all together and reasonably happy and healthy, I will consider Christmas complete also.