Friday

around the house doings

buttons

some of my button collection. couldn't get em all on here. the clean up would of been yucky

buttons. i have many, many tins of old and wonderful buttons. fat mother of pearl, leather, seeded pearls, ceramic, stone, ironwood, shell, enamel. on and on. i love them and what they represent. a little slice of a woman's sewing life. if only they could whisper.

sewing. yeah, back to sewing. boxes are taking up space in the living room waiting for me to open them up and trip down memory lane while i figure out just what i have to work with. found superman capes and an old halloween clown costume that jord won a contest with, most of my old antique hankies that i want to turn into a quilt. so much. all the stuff barbie laid on me before i moved could fill a small shop just in it's self. maybe this will help me get out of my phunk.