Thursday

eagleville weather

snow and 7 deg. brrrrrrr. got a glimpse of the mail lady as she was driving off. she was smothered under mufflers, hat and gloves.

.. ouch ..

jobs im working my way through

manager i busted punching my timecard out at work called asking me to come pick up my uniforms and be on the floor at my regular time - i went to watertown instead.

this is politics? oops - i mean .. this is politics

the 'boro participated in a "meet your representative" get together on the square. bart gordan didn't show up. had his 'chief of staff', /chuckle, conduct the q and a. i came in on the tail end of it and, of course, the talk was centered around what is happening with iraq. mark and marty had gone due to interest. i went to meet mark for lunch. looking around i saw a couple of college students, a lady draped in mink, several veterans of the gulf and vietnam wars, a grey long hair (i swear he kept winking at me, really - it was sweet) who turned out to be one of the psycho therapists in town. him i'd like to meet seemed so corny.
was an interesting mix of people and opinions/attitudes.
none the less. i left my politics in calif. so - sorry. not to say i'm not concerned about what's happening. just that i consider myself a realist and honestly do not believe that my protesting matters a hoot anymore. although - if i had the means i had considered being right in there with the human shields heading to baghdad.