Monday

music

3eb : concert in nashville tonite ... not a bad one - but not great
did a mix of their last couple of albums and stuff from an album coming out.

How's it going to be

I'm only pretty sure that I can't take anymore,
Before you take a swing, I wonder What are we fighting for,
When I say out loud, I want to get out of this, I wonder,
Is there anything I'm going to miss,
How's it going to be, When you don't know me,
How's it going to be, When you're sure I'm not there,
How's it going to be, When there is no one there to talk to about,
How it's going to be, 'Cause I don't care,
How's it going to be,
Where we used to laugh, There's a shouting match,
Sharp as a thumbnail scratch,
A silence I can't ignore,
Like . . The hammocks and the doorways we spent time in, Swing empty,
don't see lightning like last fall when it was always about to hit me,
I guess that is how it's going to be
How's it going to be
When you don't know me, any more
How's it going to be
Want to get myself back in again,
The soft dive of oblivion.
Want to taste the salt of your skin
The soft dive of oblivion

above song received the most response from the crowd. an - ok - show, glad i went. we left before goo goo dolls came on

holidays

labor day rural tennessee. drive the back roads around here and handmade signs direct you to 'dove shoots' set up on open fields. a few of the evil dove killerz have lawn chairs spread out next to their trucks with the homemade campers hanging off the back. the dudes are decked out in the latest cammi gear to hide em from the poor little birds - i saw waists bulgin' with the essential compass, water flask, swiss army knife, bowie knife and other stuff i couldn't identify.
thanksgiving time is when the turkeys are hunted on these same fields. ya - it bugs me. i don't like killing birds. we are losing them to pollution and disease way to quickly as it is. as of last week 6 birds confirmed with the west nile virus making its rounds.